Monday, June 1, 2009
Wildcats!
As most of you know I coach Kaylee's 8u softball team the "WILDCATS". These are the best group of girls that I have ever got the chance to coach. Don't get me wrong I have loved all the girls that I have coached. But this team has the most heart. They ALL want to be there on the field. They all want to learn what Woody, Gary and I have to teach them. They are just a great group of little girls. We finished our regular season 7-5. That's not that great you say? Well considering that I have 2 six year olds, 3 seven year olds and 6 eight year olds, I think that is great. I know that there are better teams than that out there, I know because we played them. We only got beat this season by 3 teams. The first that we got beat by were the Indian Trail Crushers and true their name we got crushed both times that we played them, needless to say they went undefeated all season and won the regular season. The second team to beat us was the Indian Trail Yellow Jackets, they also beat us both times that we played them, but what you need to know is that they only beat us by one run each time. Pretty impressive. The last team to beat us, was Waxhaw this group of girls is the group that we had the most fun playing. Last season we beat them twice only by a few runs each time. This was their season! They beat us in the bottom of the sixth by 1 run. It was a tough loss, but the most fun to loose. Why am I telling you all of this? Because I want you to know what a great group of girls that I have. On Saturday our tournament was to start and we ended up 8th seed out of 16 teams. That put us last team in the "A" bracket. You know what that means right? We have to play the #1 seed team which was the Indian Trail Curshers. I went to the ball field on Saturday morning with my Kaylee and all of the team equipment. I had done my homework the night before on the Crushers and planned a line up and a defense line up that I thought would give us the best chance to at least have a chance to stay in the game and not get crushed! I was prepared for a loss and winning never entered my mind. I got the biggest surprise of my ball coaching career! After the first inning the score was Wildcats - 3, Crushers - 1. WOW was all that I could say. Could it be possible that we would win this game? No surley they would make a come back and take over the lead. After a full six inning ball game the final score was Wildcats - 8 Crushers - 3. We had done it! We had won! We had just knocked the #1 team in Union County out of the season tournament!! What a feeling! Needless to say this morning I am still grinning from ear to ear. But now I must put it behind me and prepare a new lineup for our next game tonight. GO WILDCATS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment