Friday, June 5, 2009
Little Thoughts = Big Happiness
Yesterday I had a small misshap. I pulled my house key out of the door and the key broke in half in my hand. Not a big deal. I called Aaron and told him that I had broken my key could he please stop at the hardware and get me a new one. First question that he asked me is "did you break it off in the door?" I assured him that the key was not in the door it was indeed in my hand. He said no problem he would get me a key made and bring it home to me that afternoon. I was expecting when he came home to have a simple silver house key with no personality. That is not what I had at all. To me having keys with personality is a big deal. My house key that was broken had Mickey Mouse on it and the key that fits my office has the Disney Princesses on it. When Aaron had come home with my new key it was none other than Minnie Mouse! Not only did my husband take time out of his busy day to get me a key made, he went out of his way to make me happy. I know to most of you it is only a key, but to me it is a thoughtful act of kindness. My husband knows me well enough to know that such a small gesture would make me happy and it did. Just think if we all took that one extra minute to do something little for someone else how much happiness we could bring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment