Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays!


November was a full month for us. As most of you know I had surgery on my foot on the 19th and was not able to put any weight on my foot. That was hard for me because I could not cook for our Thanksgiving or put up my tree! We spent Thanksgiving with all the Mayhew's in Lincolnton with my Aunt Karen. It was great seeing all of my family in one placce at one time. We also spent the evening with our friends the Nance's, Ginger out did herself on the cooking. She is always a great hostess! The Sunday after Thanksgiving we started all over with the Duke's. Everyone got together and met at a resturant near the nursing home that PawPaw Duke is in. I think it was good for everyone to get together and just hang out. I think we should do it more than just on holidays. We all have such a good time when we are toghter!

I now know that I have the greatest husband in the world! He was so good during my recovery. He gave up tickets to the Panthers game to stay home with me. He made sure that the girls were where they needed to be and on time. He made sure that we had groceries in the pantry. He washed clothes and cleaned the kitchen. He called a friend of ours and set up a wheelchair so that he could take me out Christmas shopping! But the best thing ever, he took me out to David's tree lot and drove me around the trees to pick out the one that I wanted, he and his mom put out all of the decorations and then Aaron and the girls spent the afternoon together putting up the tree! First time ever! I have always put up the tree and decorated it while Aaron was at work and the girls were at school. I beleive that it is the prettiest tree that we have ever had. I hope that this can be a new tradition, that we pick out and decorate our tree together as a family.

Christmas this year was great as always. Our Ladies Group, The CAMO Guys, The WMU and one of the Sunday school classes all received a name from the Christmas Bureau and got the gift of shopping for the families in need. I have never seen so many people come together for that special need. We all got together the week before Christmas and wrapped and wrapped and wrapped. I know that the families who received these gifts had a very special Christmas, but the best gift was given to us...Knowing that we did the work of Jesus Christ to show His love to others. As a family we have been celebrating for the past two weeks. We celebrated with our best friends The Wise Guys, by having dinner, exchanging gifts and just hanging out watching Christmas movies. We got to celebrate with our friend the Nance's with dinner and sharing gifts. We celebrated with all of the Mayhews once again in one spot just hanging out with each other and the kids drawing names and being excited that it was Christmas Eve. We celebrated with Aaron's Mom, Dad and brothers on Christmas Day. I think that this was the best Christmas that we have ever spent with them as a family. We shared the Christmas story, dinner and each other. I have fallen so in love with my neice and nephews. They hold my heart in their hands. I want our kids to be close as a family. It is all going to be in their hands one day. I love Christmas and all the things that it brings each year. For me this year was by far the best Christmas. My heart was full and my soul was happy. Merry Christmas my friends, I am looking forward to a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment